Building Technology that Makes Sense
Do you want to expand your services to fulfill all of your customers’ wishes, from smart heating systems to entertainment and healthcare applications? We support your Smart Home projects with our interdisciplinary technology expertise, for both private homes and commercial buildings.
The foundation for smart building services is a future-proof communications network that interconnects a wide variety of building technology components. This system is also ideal for connecting to external services.
With our expertise in bus communications (KNX, BACnet, etc.), we support you in effectively networking components and functions, all the way from requirements engineering to implementation and production development.
There is no one best solution when it comes to smart building technologies, but instead a wide variety of options, including industry-based technologies, electrical system technology and consumer applications. If you want to offer your customers one-stop shopping for a full range of services, ITK is the right partner for you. Our interdisciplinary team provides expertise in embedded software engineering, safety, security, networking and interoperability, wired and wireless communications and operating systems, and we are happy to support you from the concept phase through development to production-ready implementation of your building services systems.
Implementing entertainment systems in the building management environment requires precise mapping of complex applications into building technologies. We integrate third-party systems, such as audio/video apps or multi-room systems, into your existing concept. If you want to optimize the usability of your devices and you need support in the design of user-friendly interfaces, we work with you to develop ergonomic user interface concepts for extended functions.
Along with key technologies such as energy management, safety and security or comfort, health and nursing apps are becoming increasingly important in modern building technologies. We combine expertise in building automation and medical technology, and as an ISO 13485 certified company we are your perfect partner for software and system development and implementation in your building technologies.
You want to launch a new product onto the building technology market, which is connected to a KNX-Bus?
By combining technical expertise with comprehensive knowledge of the building technology market, we support you from your product idea right through to your KNX-registered and certified product. We do this by contributing our multidisciplinary knowledge and taking the requirements of functional safety and security into account.
Our Common Path to Your KNX-Product:
Consulting regarding technology and business development (optional):
- Development of a business case
- Derivation of a product including product specification and requirements engineering
- Analysis regarding KNX-scope
- Electronics development
- Chassis (mechanics)
- Software development
Fabrication by partners
Connection to the KNX-bus via KNbriX – technically and organizationally
- Integration of KNbriX (KNX-Stack) into your product
- Creation of KNX catalogue data (ETS application)
- Execution of the registrations process with the KNX association
Lab –> Certification
KNbriX – KNX-Stack
- KNbriX-Basic as gateway solution
- KNbriX-Plus as single chip solution for application and stack
- KNX product development and fabrication (by partners), KNX registration, certification and integration into KNX-bus
- Development of turnkey systems for building automation including mechatronic components
- System integration
- Prototype development and risk analysis
- Signal and image processing
- Rapid control prototyping
- Simulation and visualization
- FPGA development
- Adaptive sensors
- KNX-RF in respect to security
- Complex systems like display and touch-screen solutions for KNX-apps
- Graphical user interfaces
- Voice recognition
- Human Machine Interfaces
- Adaptive buildings
- Solar protection
- Entertainment systems
- Security systems
- Lighting control
- Smart Grid
- Remote monitoring
- Presence simulation
- Access control
- Heating control
- Energy/ battery management
- Assistance systems
- Provider Gateways
- Data analysis and operation strategies