Function and Control Unit Development for Safe and Energy-Efficient Driving
“Our goal? Develop more energy-efficient and safer automobiles, together with our customers using a sustainable development process. Our experts will support you to implement your vision – from your initial feasibility studies through production.”
Active systems for accident avoidance and driver support are already standard, but the vision of an “electronic chauffeur” is no longer a pipedream. However, the complexity of these systems puts high demands on development, integration as well as verification and validation. The foundation for complete driver support of highly automated or even fully autonomous driving on public roads can only be provided by the proven secure and robust interaction of independent safety and driver assistance systems, which are often embedded on multiple ECUs from a variety of manufacturers. How we can help you handle this complexity? For example, through sustainable systems engineering in the form of extensible architectures, modular software development with AUTOSAR and virtual validation, integration and commissioning.
View the latest traffic news on your head-up display, park via smartphone or use environmental information to reduce fuel consumption: the processing of external data in real-time is the basis for networking between the vehicle and its surroundings. In addition to numerous advances, the increasing connectivity also opens up new possibilities for risks to “enter” the vehicle. To protect your system against these threats, we develop individual protection concepts, implement protection mechanisms (Security Engineering) and work intensively together in research collaborations and committees whose main concern is your security.
With the aim to further reduce CO2 emissions, the electrification of powertrain and auxiliary systems is steadily increasing. Electrical energy storage is increasingly becoming the focus of development. We support you, for example, with reliable battery management systems (BMS) and customized control units.
Do you want to extensively test powertrain and auxiliary units and do so without energy storage restrictions such as long charging times or limited charging capacity? With our battery simulators, you can replace batteries and BMS for testing and validation purposes as well as complete vehicle tests.
- ECU Development
- Feasibility and Requirements Analysis
- Requirements Engineering
- Feedback Controller Development and Modeling
- Computer Vision
- Model-Based Function and Software Development
- AUTOSAR– and Multi-Standard (eg ISO 26262, SPICE, CMMI) Development
- Virtual Validation (MiL, SiL, PiL, HiL), Real Driving Test and Measurement Data Analysis
- Implementation of Functional Safety according to ISO 26262 and IEC 61508
- Implementation of Security Measures
- Power Electronics (Inverter, DC / DC Converter)
- Range Management
- Charging Infrastructure
- Electrification and Hybridization (Auxiliary Equipment and Powertrain)
- Battery ECUs, Battery Management Systems and Vehicle Electrical System Management
- Charging and Operation Strategies
- Heating Systems
- Interior Monitoring
- Driving Dynamics Control Systems
- Safety and Comfort Functions
Just like the real thing: verification and validation of complex driver assistance systems through environmental simulation
Due to their complexity, networked status and elevated security requirements, developing driver assistance systems takes a great deal of time and money since realistic environmental simulations, in the way that they are perceived by the sensor, have to be conducted to ensure that they are secure.
We therefore depend on complex environmental simulations for verification and validation of that intelligent driver assistance systems – featuring an amazing number of sensors. We use current simulation tools or develop tailored solutions based on established gaming technology. This also enables us to check detection features through sensor positioning and vehicle design in the early development phases. Physical models allow realistic sensor simulation and signal generation for linking up to electronic control devices. Gaming technology delivers high performance, and short development cycles in consumer electronics enable rapid upgrades at comparatively modest prices.
- Execution on a standard PC with a powerful graphics card (GPU)
- Linked to driving dynamics simulation in SiL mode as in HiL mode
- Environmental simulation with detailed 3D objects and 3D scenarios
- Simulation of camera images, ultrasound, radars, LiDAR, WLAN and GPS e.g. through ray tracing
- Sensor signal generation through physical models
- Engine and Transmission Controls
- HiL Test Benches
- Four Wheel Control
- Electrification and Hybridization
- Torque Distribution
- Prototyping and Production Support
- Driving Dynamics, ESP and ABS
- Vehicle Stabilization
- Adaptive Damping/Suspension Systems, Predictive Damper/Suspension Systems
- Instrument Clusters
- Panels, Usability
- E/E-Complete Responsibility
- System Tests